Show off your Red sex-links!! [[pictures included]] !! (:

Pics
The one on the left is a Rhode Island Red and the one on the right could be a cross or a Production Red.

They both have the same markings. The one on the right is missing her tail feathers from a "mean rooster" according to the lady I bought them from.

Here are some more pics:
[/IMG]

I have only 4. Very new to this chicken raisin. Lovin it so far. I get 1-4 eggs a day.

It is probably only a matter of time before you increase your flock. Having chickens is very addictive. If you get a cock then you can hatch, which once you do that, it becomes very addictive too. Sex-Links don't breed true and the chicks will come out with all kinds of colors and patterns but will also be super layers too.

Last edited:
I'm thinking of getting red sex links

So, if you get the easy to sex (red chick means hen & yellow or white means rooster) when a Rhode Island Red rooster and a Delaware hen mate. Will you still get the easy to sex chicks when the grown red sex link rooster and hen mate?

hmmmm i see.. it's answering that the RSL Rooster shape like Delaware Rooster not like RIR shape.

These are my new Red Sex Link chickies at 2 weeks old ... I am suspecting "Edith" is in fact an "Eddie" due to early tail feathers and it didn't have distinct stripe/s like the other two, just slightly darker down feathers on the back. Lucy had two distinct dark stripes down her back and you can see Margot's prominent dark stripe, though she has a pale head. Can't wait to see them grown :)

Back
Top Bottom