Show off your roosters

Meet Our boy Charlie Chaulk

Meet our hero Charlie. He is 24 weeks old and I know some of you are thinking he has no tail feathers, there is a reason. He saved his girl Lana hen from an invading fox, we heard so much noise and then nothing we got to the window and we saw him he was hanging from the foxes jaws just still, once Lana was far enough away, he got free. Then ran between the fox and the girls and tried to herd them to the house for safety. My husband went out and broke the foxes attention and the fox changed direction to go after the other girls who were a long way off now. Our dog Penny soon put an end to anything there and Charlie seems no worst for it. He saw Lana's tail feathers were how can I say this "Chewed" and he kept trying to tidy them up for her with his beak.
He keeps the girls together finds food and calls them and walks away, so they can eat the best stuff, he will let them know if they are out of line, but even then he is not nasty with them.
So you see why we wanted to share this, let give a cheer (Or even Cluck) for all the great roosters trying hard to redress the balance.

Meet Our boy Charlie Chaulk Meet our hero Charlie. He is 24 weeks old and I know some of you are thinking he has no tail feathers, there is a reason. He saved his girl Lana hen from an invading fox, we heard so much noise and then nothing we got to the window and we saw him he was hanging from the foxes jaws just still, once Lana was far enough away, he got free. Then ran between the fox and the girls and tried to herd them to the house for safety. My husband went out and broke the foxes attention and the fox changed direction to go after the other girls who were a long way off now. Our dog Penny soon put an end to anything there and Charlie seems no worst for it. He saw Lana's tail feathers were how can I say this "Chewed" and he kept trying to tidy them up for her with his beak. He keeps the girls together finds food and calls them and walks away, so they can eat the best stuff, he will let them know if they are out of line, but even then he is not nasty with them. So you see why we wanted to share this, let give a cheer (Or even Cluck) for all the great roosters trying hard to redress the balance.
What a good boy! Glad everyone ended up safe

My Buff Orp Rooster, Sir Rorzan William Tyson Zieman the First, was about the same age as Charlie, he fought something off one night, then the next week it (probably a fox) came back and carried him off, my boy has never been seen again. :(

Meet Our boy Charlie Chaulk

Meet our hero Charlie. He is 24 weeks old and I know some of you are thinking he has no tail feathers, there is a reason. He saved his girl Lana hen from an invading fox, we heard so much noise and then nothing we got to the window and we saw him he was hanging from the foxes jaws just still, once Lana was far enough away, he got free. Then ran between the fox and the girls and tried to herd them to the house for safety. My husband went out and broke the foxes attention and the fox changed direction to go after the other girls who were a long way off now. Our dog Penny soon put an end to anything there and Charlie seems no worst for it. He saw Lana's tail feathers were how can I say this "Chewed" and he kept trying to tidy them up for her with his beak.
He keeps the girls together finds food and calls them and walks away, so they can eat the best stuff, he will let them know if they are out of line, but even then he is not nasty with them.
So you see why we wanted to share this, let give a cheer (Or even Cluck) for all the great roosters trying hard to redress the balance.
What a great story. So happy for you.

My Buff Orp Rooster, Sir Rorzan William Tyson Zieman the First, was about the same age as Charlie, he fought something off one night, then the next week it (probably a fox) came back and carried him off, my boy has never been seen again. :(
I hate it when that happens. I lost a hen a few weeks back, no idea what got her. Guessing Coyote, but could have been fox also...:(

Back
Top Bottom