Show off your roosters

Goldilocks, all grown up and matured. He's about 3 feet tall. He'll be one year next month. I really love how he's developed.

That's a tall bird! Dare I ask, Goldilocks? Is it because he's gold or was he thought to be a female at first?
big_smile.png

That's a tall bird! Dare I ask, Goldilocks? Is it because he's gold or was he thought to be a female at first?
big_smile.png
He was from a batch of chicks that hatched while my parents were visiting. My mom saw the solid gold chick hatch and named it Goldilocks. It hatched with a fairly pronounced comb, so I was fairly certain it was a boy. By 2 weeks of age, it was pretty obvious he was indeed male. He produces pretty good meat birds. A few of his sons are as large as adult hens at just 8 weeks.

He was from a batch of chicks that hatched while my parents were visiting. My mom saw the solid gold chick hatch and named it Goldilocks. It hatched with a fairly pronounced comb, so I was fairly certain it was a boy. By 2 weeks of age, it was pretty obvious he was indeed male. He produces pretty good meat birds. A few of his sons are as large as adult hens at just 8 weeks.
That's cool that you kept your Mom's name for him!
clap.gif

Nice growth!

Back
Top Bottom