Show off your Silkie Cochin crosses!

Quote:
GORGEOUS!!!!

thank you, he's got 4 hens that are smoth feathered but at least one hen has the right genes, I'm getting silkied babies
ya.gif

Thanks walkswithdogs, I'll look up sizzles in a sec! Good luck with your sizzles.
big_smile.png

I heard the white always hides something too, btw. It's hard to tell. I think it can be anything? I don't know.
tongue.png
All blue babies would be AWESOME! I love the blue coloring.
droolin.gif

Aw catwalk, Lidya is cute!
love.gif
Look at her wattles
tongue.png
Good luck with the lav chicks!

Settler's thanks for those pics
love.gif
They are so cute, I'm so excited!

And LuvDucks- thanks! I was wondering what a blue silkie cochin looked like. Pretty!

Buck Creek that chicken is gorgeous!
ep.gif

Oh and thanks Barred!
big_smile.png

Yay for pictures lol. Anymore anyone?
smile.png
Can never get too many pics
tongue.png

My baby just hatched on Tuesday morning!
I think it's going to be bearded??? And I'm guessing Mille fleur in color??? The dad is a bantam MF Cochin.

This is Marley:
52396_dsc01314.jpg

52396_dsc01310.jpg

I finally hatched some Silkie-Cochin cross chicks. I was surprised how strong the Silkie genes are. All the chicks look like the hens. The hens are a blue and black ideal poultry hens and the dad is a Partridge Cochin. I'm sure all the chicks will have normal feathering like the Cochin dad.

I know this blog hasn't been updated in a while, but for the curious here are the chicks I hatched and the parents!

I just got 2 silkie/cochin bantam babies yesterday. I've been trying to do some research, as the lady I got them from told me they are called Silkens. Then I saw something about Silkichins, and now Sizzles. I'm really confused what the actual name for them are. Here are my babies.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom