Show off your small or cheap made coop

I FINALLY just found my coop on Craigslist for $29. http://miami.craigslist.org/pbc/fuo/2991869845.html

Just spoke to the lady and she said she had it custom made. She laughed her head off when I told her it was going to be the fanciest chicken coop in town. I pick it up tomorrow! Now, I have to figure out how I am going to cover my gazebo in chicken wire/cloth etc. Oh, and I need a screen door and frame too!

No picture needed for mine, it's a 30 by 60 barn that somehow has become overrun with chickens (dang chicken math) I have a workshop in one corner but the rest of the barn is split into 4 areas, one pen for meaties, one for breeding/hatching eggs, one for brooder space and one for breakfast eggs ( my mutts) right now I have 150 (100 of them meaties) chickens in there with another 20 chicks in my basement that just hatched.

My father made my coop as a birthday present so all I had to do was buy the wire!
Now all we have to do is put the roofing on it and the handles and some wheels so I can move it all threw the back yard!

Awesome idea! So glad to see this thread. I need to build some cheap, easy (I don't know how to build) little coops to go inside my large runs. I am building new pens for the Seramas and each will be 6x6 and will each need a place for them to get out of the weather, nest, etc.
My coop used to be two salvaged cabinets.

Before

After

Here's the making of our Crack Shack

/Scott

We had an existing garden shed, that just being used to house all of our junk, that we cleared out, attached a run to it, and built nesting boxes and two roosts inside. We need to figure out venting, and cut out a door for the gals to in out into the run.

The inside of the coop isnt pretty, but i mean, they are just gonna poop on everything anyways, I think is will be sufficient, and it was a great way to use a building that we were just wasting anyways. You can see the two roosts in the background here (see below)

Except for the hardware our tractor is entirely of materials we had laying around, left over from 20 years worth of projects.

We had to adjust the wheels up as we didn't account for the thickness of the grass

We designed the entire tractor, taking from the many designs I have seen on the this site and others!

I hope we have enough ventilation in the house.

Oh I did purchase stick on tiles for the floor for easy clean up

Since the chicks are small right now they are sleeping in the nesting boxes, will frame them in when the chicks are older

I like the big wide openings

very easy access for cleaning

We put this wide door to access the run

We used hardware cloth for additional security.

Back
Top Bottom