Show off your small or cheap made coop

Here is a grow out coop that my hubby and I put together today. We still have to shingle the roof, put in windows, paint, and fix up the doors, but we made it for nothing using materials we had on hand!

Just built mine last week out of a pile of wood a friend wanted out of her yard including a bunch of old redwood fence that really looks terrific and an old screen door. I bought a sheet of CDX plywood, some corrogated plastic roofing, a roll of stucco lathe wire (that is heavier duty and a fraction of the cost of poultry wire), some screws and hinges and latches. All in all, about $200 worth of materials.

Last edited:
I love this! Such useful stuff on here. I am not quite finished with mine yet but will post a photo anyway. That'a a satellite dish for the roof, planning on using some tin from the old coop to cover half for the roost area. .
Lordy! How did you get that up there!
ep.gif

I called the local grocery store and asked about the buckets the icing in the bakery is shipped in. They give me as many as I want. They are nice and square, you can build a simple frame to keep them stable. Plus, they hose out so cleaning is a breeze. 

Love this idea! I'm going to have to go take pictures of my ugly coop now! I've kind of been ashamed of mine because its been functional but not pretty. But now i see there are others out there like me! :)

okay so here's my coop/run we probably spent about 10 bucks for it. We bought chicken wire to cover the top with. Everything else was recycled. We are going to close it in for the winter. I'm thinking we may alter the roof because it leans the wrong way. *Doh!*

Back
Top Bottom