Show quality sebastopol geese for 50$ on craigslist!

Discussion in 'Geese' started by boykin2010, Mar 8, 2011.

1. boykin2010

boykin2010 Songster

Sep 26, 2010
    South Georgia
    On craigslist i found an add that was selling two show quality sebastopol geese for 50$ each. I thought these geese were expensive because of their rarity and not to mention that these geese are show quality. I have never had geese before but does this sound like a good deal to yall? They included pictures of the geese they are selling and they are very pretty. Oh and i think the add said that the 2 they were selling were a mated pair too but i am not sure on that i may have dreamed that. Anyway is 50$ cheap for show quality sebastopol geese?

2. mominoz

mominoz Songster

Feb 17, 2009
    North Georgia
    That's what you'd pay for goslings, if they are show quality "breedings" offspring that would be a deal, but they could be flaws like twisted feathers or dropped wing or something, ---soo, if you want Sebs, and are willing to take a chance that is a good price....with any adults it depends on how they were raised.... [​IMG]

3. boykin2010

boykin2010 Songster

Sep 26, 2010
    South Georgia
    these werent goslings they were full grown adults.
    I am not exactly asking because i want some. Actually i would love to have some i just cant. I just thought i saw where they went for TONS of money because of rarity.

4. jerseygirl1

jerseygirl1 Crowing

Jun 20, 2009
    Orange County, NY
    I've seen them on here for $15 each, so $50 could be becasuse they need to rehome them quickly

5. pips&peeps

pips&peeps There is no "I" in Ameraucana

Jan 18, 2008
    Newman Lake, WA
    Ask them what shows they have been in...................

6. kswaterfowl

kswaterfowl Songster

Mar 11, 2009
    Greencastle, IN
    I've seen them for 20.00 before for show quality, nice specimens. Its like everything else, supply and demand. I know of one breeder that use to sell goslings for 10.00 each from the same matings his show ones were from. I personally think 100.00 is too high unless they are a proven pair. Deffinatly wouldn't give 100.00 for two ganders! I don't care what quality they are...thats just craziness for two boys. But it all depends on what you are willing to pay...

7. marathonmultiplesmom

marathonmultiplesmom Songster

Mar 23, 2010
    Chehalis, WA
    pips&peeps :

Ask them what shows they have been in...................

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: