Show Quality?!?!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by MyMummble, May 17, 2011.

1. MyMummble

MyMummble Out Of The Brooder

May 6, 2011
    Carson City
    Hi! Im Allie and Im new to raising chicks, and this is my baby Mummble! We have three other chickens but this is just mine. I plan to show her in November, do you think she will be show quality?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. laseterlass

laseterlass Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2011
    Anchorage Alaska
    Look at those moves. I do not know about chicken shows. But she could be a winner on Dancing with the Stars!

3. MyMummble

May 6, 2011
    Carson City
    haha that is true!!! And it is is one of the reasons I named her mummble!!

4. columbiacritter

columbiacritter Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 7, 2008
    Scappoose Oregon
    Can'r really say at this age, she needs to get all her feathers and close to full size before anyone can really say.

5. MsPony

MsPony Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2010
    Santa Barbara
    Agreed with above poster. I had a show quality brahma, then her comb developed and its not show perfect, its nothing I've ever seen before actually. Ugh.

Also is that iceberg lettuce? I'd forgo that and replace it with dark, leafy greens. Iceberg has no nutrition [​IMG]

6. lvchicken

lvchicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2011
    What breed is she? [​IMG]

7. MyMummble

May 6, 2011
    Carson City
    Quote:I hope that she grows up to be show perfect! I think it would be so fun to show her!!! And thanks for the tip on the lettuce! Im going to the store later so I'll pick some better stuff up! [​IMG]

8. MyMummble

May 6, 2011
    Carson City
    Quote:She is a Frizzle, Im pretty sure!!

9. The Turken Lady

The Turken Lady Chillin' With My Peeps

She looks like a blue frizzle cochin. I'm new to showing myself,I've only been to two shows,but cochins do VERY well from what I've seen!
    Any chicken can be a frizzle,and her coloring looks good. Wait until she feathers out and see how her tail and legs look.

Here's a good illustration of a nice cochin tail-

[​IMG]

Notice how there are barely no tail feathers and the heavy feather footing? These are things the judges like.

If she turns out to look like this,find a better one-
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by