Show us your tattoo & what it means..

I only have 1, its on my right ankle. Think I got it done in 2002.

Hubby and I were out running errands while the kids were in school one day and passed by a tattoo parlor. We had both tossed around the idea of getting them, me more than him though. He was like, if you want one, why not now. So we stopped and they guy happened to have time right then. He asked what I was looking for, which I hadn't really decided on yet. I collect Sun items and Angels and this was back when I first started on the internet and had signed up at most places with the SunAngel id. So I figured what better to get and asked him if he could put something together for me. This is what he came up with and I really liked it. All 3 of my kids initials are M.C....so it made that part easy!

tattoo.jpg

I don't know if I will ever get another one. If I did, it would be a carousel horse, a ladybug or maybe a chicken of some sort
smile.png

DH got his a few months after I got mine. Once he saw I survived and it wasn't a very big deal lol. His is a Tiger head/face with a tribal design around it.

this is the back of my neck
top symbol is tiger I was born in the year of the tiger
bottom is gemini..

13904_dsc01789.jpg

this is my left leg

13904_picture_007.jpg

this is my right shoulder (note the 3 stars...i have 3 kids...my kids are my universe)

13904_picture_008.jpg

i have a thing for suns and moons...

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, back 10 years ago I really loved the Grateful Dead! I was a huge fan.....not a stoner but I really loved the music. My dads name is Jerry and he looks a lot like the late Jerry Garcia! Anyways I got the teddy bears dancing around my ankle then added their rose from the Artista years album. I then got a dragon because I thought it was cute and then another for the same reason. I also really like fairies. So I got a fairy on my left shoulder.
smile.png
I would love to get more......but don't think my DH will go for it.

HPIM6826.jpg

HPIM6828.jpg

HPIM6832.jpg

HPIM6830.jpg

tat.jpg

I have a small baby forest dragon hugging a paint tube and holding a paint brush with his tail, on my lower right back. I designed him myself, he is to represent me.I have always had a great respect for nicely done tattoos, being an artist I look at them as being art and a great reputation of the wearer.

I already have my 2nd and third tats drawn up. One is a wild clematis vine half sleave with a peeper frog, for my son which I call toady. And the second is a pot with 2 pink lady slipper orchids one for my daddy and one for my pappy (both of which have passed away and use to pick me these when I was a little girl) It is going in the background of my dragon and I am having more paint tubes placed around the base of my dragon.

I guess that someday I will have a almost all of my back covered with things that I designed in almost like a big mural. An odd mix of forest things, fairies and forest dragons, with little things here and there that represent people that meant a lot to me and are no longer here with me. A monarch butterfly for my gram, a chickadee for my grandfather. I guess I probably don't look at tattoos in the same light as most people I guess.

these are so neat - I love all of them and the stories that go with them!

I cant see the chicadee one though .... there's no picture??
hu.gif

Keep them coming! I know other BYC'ers have to have them.. C'mon..come out of the closet you tattooer's... dont be shy
tongue.png

Last edited:
Hope this works,havent tried to upload pics yet.

9907_tn_2018150408.jpg

Got my tattoo in 2003.It's a tribal rose which represents my Cherokee Indian heritage (friend helped me pick it out,so that has meaning also). And above it my screen name my brother gave me when I first started getting on the puter in 2002.....Hellvagirl.

I want more just not sure what or where.Tattoo's can be as addicting as chickens.

Back
Top Bottom