SHOW YOUR PICS OF YOUR GEESE FLYING!!!!!!!

Serv breeds African geese and his don't fly I bet he'll get a kick out of that

Some Africans can fly but it's very rare it's all to with the size of their wings :D
My young females can fly a bit but once they get heavier they never can unless you have a female with huge wings and is a light African ;)
Seeing Chinese or African geese fly is pretty amazing

Some Africans can fly but it's very rare it's all to with the size of their wings
big_smile.png

My young females can fly a bit but once they get heavier they never can unless you have a female with huge wings and is a light African
wink.png

Seeing Chinese or African geese fly is pretty amazing
My gander can fly too, but he only gets 15-20 feet up and requires a long runway. She can take off with a single leap and flap now, she seems to grow stronger every day! Her wingspan is about 4-1/2 feet I think, is that big? How high and far will your greylags and greylag crosses go?

That's pretty badass, it's amazing seeing African or Chinese geese fly! And yours went high! Only my greylag crosses fly that high

My gander can fly too, but he only gets 15-20 feet up and requires a long runway. She can take off with a single leap and flap now, she seems to grow stronger every day! Her wingspan is about 4-1/2 feet I think, is that big? How high and far will your greylags and greylag crosses go?
My Greylags were wild so they could fly like any other wild bird and the crosses were the same but they seemed to fly less then their wild parents which makes sense.
They can fly as high as possible tbh.
Last year i lost my GreylagXEmbden to a fox.
Every breeding season when his female came off her eggs to eat and drink they flew to the end of my field across the river to my neighbours land which is 12 acres across and when they flew back the female landed in my yard while the male couldn't control or couldn't land properly so he flew over the house to the soccer pitch at the other side and it was a nightmare getting him back the first time. 3 years later every time he couldn't land he flew to the pitch. i tired to lure him back home but he went further and further from home until at one stage he legged it and flew up about 30 meters and made a turn and flew home which was nearly 200 acres away and i was amazed that he knew where our house was.
Shame he died i would have loved to have him around.

My Greylags were wild so they could fly like any other wild bird and the crosses were the same but they seemed to fly less then their wild parents which makes sense.
They can fly as high as possible tbh.
Last year i lost my GreylagXEmbden to a fox.
Every breeding season when his female came off her eggs to eat and drink they flew to the end of my field across the river to my neighbours land which is 12 acres across and when they flew back the female landed in my yard while the male couldn't control or couldn't land properly so he flew over the house to the soccer pitch at the other side and it was a nightmare getting him back the first time. 3 years later every time he couldn't land he flew to the pitch. i tired to lure him back home but he went further and further from home until at one stage he legged it and flew up about 30 meters and made a turn and flew home which was nearly 200 acres away and i was amazed that he knew where our house was.
Shame he died i would have loved to have him around.
Thats what happens kind of when my pair flies. The female always lands right next to the barn while he goes shooting past and hits a snowdrift or something. Too bad he died, he sounds like he was a great gander.

Last year I sold my flock because I am starting to breed Africans from now on and I still have to sell 9 of my geese but I am keeping two mixed breed geese which are my two Greylagxembden females simply because I always had flying geese and I would miss them too much
1f609.png

Seeing flying geese is an amazing sight and tbh really cool!

Last edited:
Last year I sold my flock because I am starting to breed Africans from now on and I still have to sell 9 of my geese but I am keeping two mixed breed geese which are my two Greylagxembden females simply because I always had flying geese and I would miss them too much
1f609.png

Seeing flying geese is an amazing sight and tbh really cool!
I agree, it is awesome! Maybe you could breed your africans into swan geese??
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom