Showgirl eggs, $8 for 8+ WHITE, blue, buff **NO LONGER 4 SALE**

See original post for current eggs for sale.

1chickmagnet: I don't have partridge hens- I seem to have a recessive partrdige gene in one of my hens, though. The blue partrdige were actually clear blue when hatched. The partridge coloring showed up with their fledgling feathers. I was as shocked as anyone! LOL!
lol.png

How's it going tororider?

Good luck with your hatch, Volume904!

Is there ANY way I could still get some showgirl eggs from you ?? I would take any amount you had left forsale do you have any other eggs for sale ? I could have a MO out in the mail today!

Quote:
Well, I only have what the girls lay daily. I don't like to send eggs older than 72 hours since I guarantee the hatch rate.

You could send a check for $8 + shipping and $1 for handling. If I have the eggs, I'll send them. If I don't, I won't deposit your check and I'll let you know. That's really the best I can offer.
cool.png

1Chick Magnet- those showgirls you got from me were blue with the tips of fuzz brown chipmunk markings when they hatched, actually at first I thought they were blue. The 1 lt brown chipmunk I kept actually looks partridge now and of course my whites are white
wink.png
. I would love to see pics of how they feathered out
wink.png
. I downsized my colors and still ended up with a partridge
lol.png
(thought it might have been a lighter sport color). Now I think I have a silkie/showgirl in every color but cuckoo
roll.png

This is a great deal on showgirls
wink.png

hi ladies - i am trying to figure out genetics on my girls. burntumber the eggs came from you. klf73 hatched them. they are much darker than the blue partridge on page one. feathers are dark blue tipped with buff. wings are blue and buff striped. one of them has a black topknot. what color were the parents? krista, i am not set up to take photos but as soon as i am i will sent you pics. would love to have some suggestions as to what color i should breed them to when they are of age.

1chickmagnet-
lol.png
Oh, gosh- genetics... you're asking the wrong woman if you're asking me!! LOL!

I did at one time have partridge hens, but I'd sold them by the time I sent those eggs to Krista. The pic of the one in the OP was a chick that came from eggs that were well after my partridge hens were gone. So it seems I have some recessive partridge genes- I've heard white colored chickens can pass on partridge genes- kind of like when a brown-eyed human parent has a blue-eyed child. Okay... punnet square time...
W=white and p=partridge...

W p

W WW Wp

P Wp pp

Okay, so if I have a white roo and a white hen both with a recessive partridge gene, you can see how they'd have a partridge colored chick once in a while. The Wp genes will be white, since white is dominant. But the pp would be partridge.

Now, with mixed colors, it's not nearly as simple as that- and the partridge color wouldn't be nearly as frequent. But this is just a way to illustrate how it can happen.

The colors I had (and still have) in hens: buff non-bearded Silkie (2 hens), red (1 hen- doesn't appear to be laying eggs), white SG (4 heterozygous), blue bearded Silkie (2). At the time I had a blue bearded Silkie roo with some of white SG hens. The rest of the hens were divided among two white homozygous SG roos.

So there you go!
wink.png

What color are you going for? I'm assuming you don't mind partridge coloring, so you could cross with a white and you'll either get white, blue or partridge offspring, I would think.

Personally, I'd cross your chick with a blue - just out of curiousity! In fact, I almost kept the one in the OP- b/c she is of really nice quality. And such a bizarre color! IMO, the more interesting colors are def. worth perpetuating in breeding, if possible. I'm focusing on solid and splash blue showgirls, and that's enough to occupy my attention!

Good luck! Try the genetics forum here on BYC, maybe- there are some BRILLIANT folks on that forum!
cool.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom