Showgirl eggs, $8 for 8+ WHITE, blue, buff **NO LONGER 4 SALE**

burntumber

Songster
11 Years
Mar 26, 2008
THIS IS MY LAST WEEK FOR SELLING SHOWGIRL EGGS! The girls have started moulting. By the time they get going again it will be too cold to ship. So this is it until spring or unless we get an indian summer this winter so that I can safely ship.

Since losing my blue roo, I've put my white homozygous Showgirl roo with my white heterozygous Showgirl hens. The good news is this vastly increases the odds for hatching homozygous chicks.
big_smile.png
And they will be white.

My other pen now contains a homzygous roo with two VERY NICE blue Silkie hens (one won best in breed at the state fair this summer) one clear buff hen with an impressive topknot, and a white heterozygous Showgirl hen. So this pen will yield blue, white, and buff chicks, Silkies and/or heterozygous Showgirls.

In short, your hatchlings will be mostly white showgirls with a few blues and maybe a buff. You may get Silkies and you may get some homozygous SG. Here's an email from a recent shipment...
Hi Cailtin!
Thought I'd check in with you and say WOWZER!!!
You'd sent me 18 eggs.
After candling at 8 days 2 seemed blank so I tossed them out. I was right upon opening them to inspect.... so felt much relieved.<)

After 14 days they ALL showing life.

Last night was the beginning of the 21 day hatch.

By this afternoon I have 13 silkies in my brooder. 9 of which are showgirls!! YIPPEE!
AND ....2 more began piping this afternoon so perhaps by morning the count will come to 15 live....out of the 18 you shipped.
We did good girl!
Amazing...... I am so thrilled. I will send you pics to morrow. I am so happy.

$8 for 8+ eggs. My last shipment contained 16 eggs. Hatch guarantee: If you're not happy, I'll replace eggs for free within 30 days of hatch, you pay shipping.

Calculate shipping at USPS.com for Priority 2 lb. from zip code 04911. Or email/post your zip and I'll calculate for you. Please add something ($1 is fine) for handling/packing materials.

Paypal recipient name is caitlin_allen. First come first serve. Please post sold here after you've Paypalled me your payment.

Thanks!
cool.png

Took these pics yesterday of some of the most recent upstarts - a youngblue pullet SG and blue partridge pullet SG.

By burnt_umber

By burnt_umber

Last edited:
Quote:
Buwhaaaa ! Yes I know, But I just had a family emergncy come up as I marked sold, so I will hold off a week or two, but then it's back on the hatch-a-holic highway. WOOWHOOO

This clutch is sold to Shogun99, just to be clear.
cool.png

Good luck and safe travels on your trip, Bluroo!

Haven't heard from you Shogun99 since your first email so have sold this Mondays shipment to Volume904.
Shipment for the following week is tentatively spoken for by another BYCer, as well.
I will relist the week following that.
Sorry if we just missed paths on this transaction. Email if you still want eggs.
cool.png

She had me pay a little extra to get a few extras and boy was my husband suprised when he saw I now have 2 DOZEN white showgirl eggs for just over $20!!!!

Just put them in the bator, will candle in a couple of days. So eggcited!!!!

THANK YOU!

Back
Top Bottom