Showgirl thread- for posting pictures and discussing breed!

I'm new to chickens, but stumbled upon Showgirls when I went to a breeder to buy some other chicks yesterday. Of course I fell in love!
I am new to chickens and showgirls also, my oldest is about 2 months now, I can't wait to see which ones are hens. You are lucky to have breeders near you, I have had to order hatching eggs to acquire all but the sizzle one I found this weekend. Welcome :)

Ok, I'll ask my embarrassing question here. Why are they called show.."girls"? Are all the naked necked ones girls? lol..told you, silly question..no one even commented on another thread. lol..

Thank you New!
Your Welcome! We all had these kind of questions at one time or another!
smile.png

I awoke to greet my very first Showgirl this morning!
wee.gif
After the 6 day trip in the mail, and some high humidity spikes during the incubation, I didn't think any of this batch would make it. Introducing, Lazerus!
gig.gif

I awoke to greet my very first Showgirl this morning!
wee.gif
After the 6 day trip in the mail, and some high humidity spikes during the incubation, I didn't think any of this batch would make it. Introducing, Lazerus!
gig.gif

Darling! I only have three left from my order..they are due to hatch tomorrow.
fl.gif
Ohhh...is that a little bow tie I see there?? Soo cute!

Last edited:
Yes, bearded and Bowtied! I was so hoping for a NN roo, but I think I'll keep him/her.
big_smile.png
The other one that hatched from his clutch was a Silkie, the rest of the Silkies in there are from my eggs. I have 3 SG eggs still in the bator, but today is day 23, so I am losing hope for any more to hatch. Good luck with your hatch!!
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom