Showgirl thread- for posting pictures and discussing breed!

I have a few F11 & F12 eggs that i hatched out from FL

67666_new_silkies_014.jpg

I have rehomed one of the white SG roo's that was not so sq with red comb

and out of this group I let The draker hen hatch out some when she went broody we go 3 white SG, Then a 1st timer broody silkie hatch out some didnt go so well but this is what we have

67666_baby_show_girk_11-02-2010_007.jpg

he or she does have the puff of fethers one the front of the neck, 1 day old in the pic as one member put it only a face a mother could love LOL thats me :)

I have other pic but have to be home to get them off of my pc.

glad to see this tread

Every one has such pretty showgirls! Keep the pics coming!

I have 3 eggs in the bator now from my Lav SG roo over a Lav silkie hen. They are due in 2 weeks. I also have 4 more and will be collecting until Mon/Tues and setting whatever else is laid from that pen along with some SG eggs coming from Fowlrus I won on ebay! I must be crazy for hatching all winter!

Edit-Sorry can't spell!
roll.png

Last edited:
This hen is a 1st time mom & did great, She was in with a white SG roo & a white Silkie roo & a buff silkie roo.... There were other hens

BUT all of her chicks were white no bow tie.
Not the best pics she was teaching them to eat LOL

67666_baby_show_girls_005.jpg

67666_baby_show_girls_008.jpg

Quote:
Right. I used to breed showgirls, and that's how it happens sometimes- a bearded one looking like it doesn't have anything. But there can be clues, such as wattle size and/or "sideburns"(having muffs and lacking the beard part). Beard/muff usually reduces wattles a lot(in any breed or mutt- check easter eggers, ameraucanas etc), so a showgirl with tiny or nonexistent wattles might be a bearded. Check the wattles on non-beardeds to see their general size and appearance to compare.

p.s. anybody in southern Calif with good or excellent quality showgirls? Interested in either a couple chicks or a single white pullet? It's a gift for someone..

My 2 yes 2 showgirls arrived yesterday at 530 am. I am now the very proud owner of a blue sg cockerel, Edward and an bk sg pullet, Bells. As well as a vey nice bk silkie pullet to finish out my trio.
love.gif
I will take pics as soon as well all settle down from their very long trip here. I couldn't be happier they are perfect!

Frecklefacefarm- they are so pretty! Love the pics!

Simplysplendidsilkies- I can't wait to see pics! I love the black showgirls!

I have 10 days left on my Lav SG eggs. There are 3 in that incubator and I have gotten 4 more since which I will set tonight! COME ON SHOWGIRL BABIES!!!!

Back
Top Bottom