Showgirl thread- for posting pictures and discussing breed!

Baby showgirl that just hatched yesterday! So excited
2764.png

Just started with the showgirls,Ihave 8 not sure of sex yet.My question is do showgirls come bearded and not bearded?All of my silkies are bearded and really like the look of that.All of the showgirls are non bearded,When they breed will the future showgirls have beards?Thanks for the help,did not have time to read all of the posts here.

Just started with the showgirls,Ihave 8 not sure of sex yet.My question is do showgirls come bearded and not bearded?All of my silkies are bearded and really like the look of that.All of the showgirls are non bearded,When they breed will the future showgirls have beards?Thanks for the help,did not have time to read all of the posts here.

SG can be bearded or non bearded...You should get a mix of silkies and SG from those eggs, the ones that hatch SG can be bearded or not. The bearded Silkie parents will definitely boost your chances of beards on your hatched SG. Good luck!

A nice bearded SG (turned out to be a roo):

Last edited:
if you breed your showgirls to beared silkies they well all have beards but the well carry both genes
just keep breeding your showgirls to bearded silkies and one day you get to point where all your showgirls well all be bearded and well not carry non beared

This is the paint girl I took to the CA State Fair. I mostly entered her because I knew the public would LOVE her. For three days, I literally watched people shoving each other out of the way in order to take her photo. On the closing night of the fair, I had her out on the demonstration table and people were lining up for the chance to pet her and see her up close. A million questions of "What is it?" "Do you have to take her to the dog groomer to look that way?" "Is she for sale!!??!!". She patiently stood for hundreds of people to admire her. One lady asked "Does she do anything besides just being fabulous?" I said.................."she lays eggs".

She is fantastic Oh my goodness!

I am getting ready to put my paint SG cockerel in the country fair next week, I am so nervous. I hope he is well received too :love I will just miss having him here at home.

This is the paint girl I took to the CA State Fair. I mostly entered her because I knew the public would LOVE her. For three days, I literally watched people shoving each other out of the way in order to take her photo. On the closing night of the fair, I had her out on the demonstration table and people were lining up for the chance to pet her and see her up close. A million questions of "What is it?" "Do you have to take her to the dog groomer to look that way?" "Is she for sale!!??!!". She patiently stood for hundreds of people to admire her. One lady asked "Does she do anything besides just being fabulous?" I said.................."she lays eggs".

LOL! That is so awesome! What a great way to introduce the public to these wonderful birds...and she certainly is a beauty!!

You are very lucky too...your little girl is homozygous N/N for the SG gene. I have one that is as well. From what I understand you do not see very many of them without bowties. She is beautiful.

Back
Top Bottom