Showgirl thread- for posting pictures and discussing breed!

O My . . . Taaa Daaa, realized Time to cut Off Mornings Scrambled Eggs for mom ( hen left an SPLASH Dump in nest box, Just missing Chicks, NASTY smelling stuff. . . Worse then " weeks old Dead goat in heat of Alabama Summer "

celebrate.gif

Last edited:
To get bigger showgirls I should pick bigger chicks, set by the almanac, nutrition, and hatch in the spring. Is there any other tips for getting them bigger?

I breed for the opposite, I try to get them as petite and small as possible, I love the frizzled ones especially when they are teeny <3 The only problem is I think the teeniest chicks sometimes have a slower start and I have to dip their beaks and give them vitamins to get them going.

I would think also hatching from the biggest eggs would be a good idea. I always pick out the tiniest ones and that seems to work to downsize them so hopefully the bigger eggs would yield a bit bigger chicks that might be bigger adults?

Last edited:
I have found chicken raised with a heat lamp rather then a mother get bigger. They spend less calories running around and keeping wamn and more time lazing and eating.

Back
Top Bottom