Showgirl

I’m going to sit on the fence still with this one; it could definitely go either way and there’s nothing super obvious jumping out to say one way or the other right now.
My paint silkie had similar comb and wattle development relatively early on and she’s definitely a pullet, laid her first egg in front of me. But I wasn’t 100% sure until that happened. Haha. She’s just shy of 5 months in the pic below. You can see how much color and development she’s got, but she didn’t start laying for another 2 months or so.
5FB16B72-6FC3-457A-B9A9-6BA92D6A99EA.jpeg

Sorry, I didn't realize the second picture you posted was the same as the first. Having seen the comb and wattles now, I really don't know. This one could go either way.
I was really hoping it a hen but I’m kind of leaning towards roo bc of the comb become a little red .

I’m going to sit on the fence still with this one; it could definitely go either way and there’s nothing super obvious jumping out to say one way or the other right now.
My paint silkie had similar comb and wattle development relatively early on and she’s definitely a pullet, laid her first egg in front of me. But I wasn’t 100% sure until that happened. Haha. She’s just shy of 5 months in the pic below. You can see how much color and development she’s got, but she didn’t start laying for another 2 months or so.View attachment 2527141

Thanks for the pic it really give me hopes now lol

My silkie was an early developing male, and it was VERY obvious by around 10 weeks. yours looks female to me, but i am no expert. I have never owned a showgirl, so i do not know much. female is my vote

I was really hoping it a hen but I’m kind of leaning towards roo bc of the comb become a little red .
I'll give you a little hope here. In my experience, showgirls can have some red/larger comb formations that most silkies. I had two showgirls in the past I swore were both male and they both ended up being female. Showgirls are trickier in my opinion. I've seen hundreds of these showgirls and can honestly say I'm not completely convinced yours is male. How is his/her stance? Can you get a full body picture from a side angle?

Back
Top Bottom