showgirls

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by IcedMochaChick, Dec 1, 2008.

1. IcedMochaChick

IcedMochaChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 7, 2008
    Nebraska
    Does anyone have showgirls laying now? I'd like to get a few eggs for a Christmas gift.
    Any help is appreciated [​IMG]

2. kbbeale

kbbeale Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 26, 2007
    Adkins, Tx
    My friend here locally has showgirls. She's on her 11th generation and I just saw her birds yesterday......they look great! If you want to contact her, her name is Angie and her email address is: [email protected] She's not on BYC. Tell her that Kristen referred you to her. [​IMG]

3. IcedMochaChick

Sep 7, 2008
    Nebraska
    Thanks a bunch! My Mom is completely fixated on the showgirls since she got to hold a chick. I didn't know she was going to fall for the chickens so hard! She LOVES them [​IMG]

4. Lanissa86

Lanissa86 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2008
    San Antonio, TX
    If that is the Angie in San Antonio, then yes, her showgirls are lovely. My friend is good friends with her, and although I have only seen pics of her birds.. I hear good things about her and her flock. I really Hope you find those Eggs! I was thinking of doing silkies and showgirls in the Spring maybe! They are very cute!

5. kbbeale

kbbeale Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 26, 2007
    Adkins, Tx
    Yes, its Angie in the San Antonio (actually Schertz) area. She's been a good friend of mine for years. I picked up some silkies there yesterday and a couple of black copper marans. [​IMG]

If you cant get a hold of her via email, let me know and I can give you her number.

6. IcedMochaChick

Sep 7, 2008
    Nebraska
    I sent her an email. Hopefully, she'll get back to me. Thanks, all:)

7. IcedMochaChick

Sep 7, 2008
    Nebraska
    Oh, this is awesome! She's going to send me a dozen assorted colors! My Mom will be so thrilled [​IMG]

8. mothergoose1963

mothergoose1963 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2008
    Midwest
    How much were they, if you dont mind my asking? I'd like to get some, too. [​IMG]

9. NewChickenMom

NewChickenMom Chillin' With My Peeps

May 16, 2008
    Omaha, NE
    amy, i'll trade you some showgirls for a dewlap!! [​IMG]

10. mothergoose1963

mothergoose1963 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2008
    Midwest
    Hi! I didnt know you had showgirls! My Dewlaps are breaking the bank this winter in feed--dont tempt me!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by