Shrink Wrap help

Ok. I will try the test tomorrow. I think she's moving but it also may be the humidity playing tricks on me (according to my mom). I saw the one with a fetus in it moving too. Theyre all moving but no chirping Ive heard. Also I had some friends check and they see the egg moving too. Thank you for your help. I'll post the results of the float test tomorrow.

Remember that it only counts as movement when you're holding the egg still.

Last edited:
I couldn't do the water test. I tried to measure the water temp and my thermometer exploded. I guess I'm gonna have to wait it out.

Well I do think they'll hatch because I candled them before lockdown and they didn't appear to be malformed or to big. They do occasionally make noises, and I think I hear like 4 or so peeps a day. All humidity and heat are fine, and I rotated them. Its my first egg and I'm not ready to give up on my little ancona's
yippiechickie.gif

You absolutely cannot tell by candling if a chick is malformed. I've had several whose intestines were located outside the body, no way to survive, yet impossible to tell if that was the case before it was out of the egg. Most of them pipped on their own, and some hatched on their own, but those are always hopeless. ( I do mean the intestines, not the yolk sac).

I'm not exactly sure if my egg is shrink wrapped but if it was, I would like to know if a shrink wrapped egg could hatch. I think mine is because the egg wobbles a lot, doesn't peep, and it's 3 days past day 21.
Chip the egg gently, and put an air hole in it, and take a peek inside,make sure to chip away the shell,I mean chip away near blood vessels

Back
Top Bottom