shrink wrapped?

Jerome32

In the Brooder
Aug 10, 2023
Well, Last night I noticed a baby duck is hatching and I almost forgot to check it. A few hours ago, I checked out the incubator and noticed that her beak is out but there is no movement. Is she dead?😓

Attachments

• photo_2024-02-01_22-54-52.jpg
    photo_2024-02-01_22-54-52.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 35
She might have, the membrane looks pretty dry, and it just looks like a mess. What is your humidity at? Do you have any more waiting to hatch?
Well its around 60 BUT I was busy these days and almost forgot to check the humidity. before the hatch it was dropped but I filled the water supply ASAP. Maybe this delay was the reason of her death : ( . and yes there are some waiting.

The only way to find out is to take her out of the egg. It looks like she's probably dead but it's worth a try.
Im not sure If I can do it. This is my second loss. Last week a three day old baby duck jumped out of her box and I looked for her almost an hour and I didnt find her. The day after I found her dead. 😓

Well I thought when we want to intervene, it is only the matter of shell not the membrane.
You can start by just taking off the shell, but if there is no movement you can just open up the entire egg. The reason you are careful with the membrane is because there are active blood vessels when the chick is alive, and you don't want it to bleed out.

Back
Top Bottom