Sicilian Buttercup Pullets/hens for Sale - East TN Knoxville

NellaBean

Graceland Farms
10 Years
Mar 4, 2009
Broodyland, TN
My Coop
My Coop
I have decided to part with my two buttercups.......they are cute and hilarious but really too small for my BIG roosters and I want to concentrate on different breeds this year. One is going through a really really ugly molting phase........her entire head and back of neck are pinfeathers. Pictured when they looked "good", of course. She should come out of her molt looking just dandy
smile.png

buttercup_100809_02.jpg

buttercup_100809_01.jpg

goofybuttercup.jpg

Many more pics and ridiculous comments here:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=230075&p=1

These girls are very active, great foragers........Pretty high up the 'pecking order' without being nasty about it. They are about 8 months old or so. Were laying in the fall but have stopped for now due to molting/season/weather. They are very small birds, mostly just ornamental. Very cute and very unique. Saw a single pullet go on eggbid for $40 plus $50-60 shipping a while back, and she wasn't as cute as mine
wink.png

They can easily clear 4-6 feet, even with clipped wings........if they really want to. They have not tried to escape my yard (4 foot fencing with a 3 foot gate) in months and months. They are just happy as can be ranging around. NOT HAPPY being caged or penned into a very small area.

ETA: Auction is for the pair of them. They definitely should stay together, they are buddies
smile.png

Last edited:
They lay a slightly off white egg.....kind of torpedo shaped
smile.png
Maybe medium sized? They are very small birds, probably close to bantam sized, so the egg size is pretty decent.

Mine are BOTH molting now and look absolutely horrible....covered in pinfeathers
sad.png
but they will be cute again in a few weeks. Very very funny birds
wink.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom