Sicilian Buttercup Thread

wornoutmomto3

Crowing
9 Years
Jan 6, 2014
Florida
My Coop
My Coop
I was searching for a thread for this breed and didn't find one. So, I am starting one. Please post pictures, ask questions, and help as needed to progress the discussion of this rare breed.

I am new to raising this breed and would like to gather as much information as possible. Sicilian buttercups are on the rare list for livestock conservancy. There is a possibility that this breed could go extinct in our lifetime. That is one of the many reasons I chose to become a breeder of Sicilian Buttercups. Please share (aka unload) your potential wealth of information about this amazing breed.

My first ever set of SB chicks arrived several weeks ago. There were supposed to be only two cockerels in the bunch with the rest being pullets. However, it turns out that one of the pullets was a cockerel in disguise. Here are my three boys. I am trying to select the best one to use for my breeding program. I know that they are still young but there looks are beginning to show. I know that none of them are a perfect specimen however, I want to choose the best of the bunch to continue the bloodline.

Any thoughts about which bird is closest to breed standard?

Back
Top Bottom