Sick 2 day old Embden Gosling

hooktontravel

Songster
6 Years
May 3, 2016
Hi everyone. I have a sick gosling over here. the other 3 hatched out a day ahead of this guy... he's just lying on the warmplate sleeping. very lethargic. he's perked up a time or two today, but clearly isn't doing well. The others hatched Sunday, this guy finally made it out Monday evening.

I gave it some nutridrench in water mid day. I have some probiotics, but no electrolytes (Though I could get some easily) but I don't know what would be best to give him... He was much more chipper yesterday. I think maybe he got a bit cold yesterday evening, though I had stuffed them in the incubator at 95 overnight to be sure they all stayed warm enough.

I don't want to try a string of things that might make him worse instead of better. the others are all eating, drinking, and shrieking when they're separated from humans... poor #4 is just sacked out! (his bum seemed a bit pasty this morning, so I washed it. He has pooped some runny poo, and is still just sleeping. if this was a pasty butt issue is there anything to do to help him recover?)

Should I pick up some electrolytes for it? just plain water? food? what's best to encourage the poor little guy?

Thanks!

Never mind! this little guy died. not sure why. We kept him warm and comfortable as much as we could...

Never mind! this little guy died. not sure why. We kept him warm and comfortable as much as we could...
So very sorry, sometimes it's just for the best, sounds like he had hatched with health issues.
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom