Sick after cleaning coop?

Update: I had no appointment on monday apparently and my mom never picked up the meds. I'm feeling a bit better with some Claritin and ibuprofen. The pain is gone for the most part but still a lot of phlegm, tingling and muscle spasms. Mostly just really bad headaches now and coughing
Thanks for the update. Glad to hear of some improvement. Still... wish you could see a doctor.

Oh no, I'm so sorry you're ill! I used deep litter in my coop for a while, forgot a mask once, ended up inhaling zeolite/shavings/DE/poop dust and feeling horrible for about a week. Very hoarse, dry throat, raspy, deep coughing, that same taste when I coughed. It ended up going away by itself very slowly, but yours sounds much more serious. I also have a small coop. I'd go to the doctor ASAP- that indeed does not sound like COVID.
I have the same issue. Started cleaning coop floor very dusty- I did two rake fills and decided to stop- due to the dust. Immediately my Clothes go in wash and long shower. I have the same symptoms- headache, coughing, chest congestion and tightness, oxygen is good and heart rate good. I take a flu bomb- 2-3 times a day.
I found it on utube. It is hot water, lemon juice, pressed garlic, pressed fresh ginger( good for inflammation) honey, and cayenne pepper sprinkled on top. If you do this it helps with congestion.
kinda like a hot toddy with more power!
I am right with you- sucks and I feel like crap. It serves me right- I know I shouldn’t clean the coop. My hubby’s job now.
I will go in tomorrow if not better.
also know that aches can also be from Lymes disease. And the ticks are out!
So I will drink lots of fluid and take my vit c. Rest rest rest
Let me know what happens.
so any respiratory illnesses related to chicken dust ?

I have the same issue. Started cleaning coop floor very dusty- I did two rake fills and decided to stop- due to the dust. Immediately my Clothes go in wash and long shower. I have the same symptoms- headache, coughing, chest congestion and tightness, oxygen is good and heart rate good. I take a flu bomb- 2-3 times a day.
I found it on utube. It is hot water, lemon juice, pressed garlic, pressed fresh ginger( good for inflammation) honey, and cayenne pepper sprinkled on top. If you do this it helps with congestion.
kinda like a hot toddy with more power!
I am right with you- sucks and I feel like crap. It serves me right- I know I shouldn’t clean the coop. My hubby’s job now.
I will go in tomorrow if not better.
also know that aches can also be from Lymes disease. And the ticks are out!
So I will drink lots of fluid and take my vit c. Rest rest rest
Let me know what happens.
so any respiratory illnesses related to chicken dust ?

Symptoms​

The mildest forms of histoplasmosis cause no signs or symptoms, but severe infections can be life-threatening. When signs and symptoms occur, they usually appear three to 17 days after exposure and can include:

• Fever
  • Chills
  • Headache
  • Muscle aches
  • Dry cough
  • Chest discomfort
  • Fatigue
Some people with histoplasmosis also get joint pain and a rash. People who have a lung disease, such as emphysema, can develop a chronic form of histoplasmosis.

sounds similar-
Prevention recommendations wet down coop before cleaning, wear a high quality respiratory mask and safety glasses.

wash hair and shower and wash clothes immediately to reduce dust or fungus exposure. It also states it is important to see a doctor if you have symptoms.
Most people will get it but be asymptotic and idk if that means no damage to their health????

Last update: Started taking the meds yesterday (prescription for allergies) I'm doing about the same, better. Some symptoms haven't left like the back tingling and muscle spasms + aching, but other than that, I am ok. I still have my normal allergies but the meds seem to be helping a bit. Heart is normal and breathing is semi-normal :) We got some machine that takes the humidity out of my room and that's helped but my nose and throat get a bit dry. Helped get the stuff up from my lungs however, I'm not coughing up phlegm/mucus as much anymore

Nevermind yall, things are getting worst. I seem to be having memory issues, speech issues, getting worst eyesight fast, having trouble with joints and weakness. New and worsening emotion and mental problems. Still got muscle spasms and back pain. Can't walk too long without my entire lower body hurting. Limbs randomly half-give out when I walk or move for too long. Sat in a chair earlier and my hips+feet were hurting really bad so I had to keep changing position, then my knees went completely numb🤠 Its so hard to get up, especially in the mornings or evening. All my joints and everything doesn't want to work or move so I have to stand there in pain until my body wakes up fully. The tingling on my back is always noticeably there and I noticed its on my head too but mostly the back. Family hates me now because I had a meltdown and just about lost it. It was probably the worst I've ever had (they fail to understand that I cannot control it, so they just get angry and scream mean things at me, making things worst) I give up on this whole issue and just hope my birds get good homes when I am gone. Sorry this thread took a depressing turn but it is what it is.

I am very sorry you have to through this. Wish you do get to feel better!
Monsters Inc Hug GIF

Nevermind yall, things are getting worst. I seem to be having memory issues, speech issues, getting worst eyesight fast, having trouble with joints and weakness. New and worsening emotion and mental problems. Still got muscle spasms and back pain. Can't walk too long without my entire lower body hurting. Limbs randomly half-give out when I walk or move for too long. Sat in a chair earlier and my hips+feet were hurting really bad so I had to keep changing position, then my knees went completely numb🤠 Its so hard to get up, especially in the mornings or evening. All my joints and everything doesn't want to work or move so I have to stand there in pain until my body wakes up fully. The tingling on my back is always noticeably there and I noticed its on my head too but mostly the back. Family hates me now because I had a meltdown and just about lost it. It was probably the worst I've ever had (they fail to understand that I cannot control it, so they just get angry and scream mean things at me, making things worst) I give up on this whole issue and just hope my birds get good homes when I am gone. Sorry this thread took a depressing turn but it is what it is.
I'm so sorry. Can you call 911? This sounds really serious.

Back
Top Bottom