sick ans swollen.

quailresearcher

In the Brooder
6 Years
Aug 17, 2013
Ok I need help if at all possible. My chickens have been getting colds and today I noticed my favorite rooster (Brown red) has a cold his eye is swelled shut and his face is burning up. Anybody know how I can help him and if he will lose his eye? Any advice appreciated

It sounds like a respiratory disease. MG or coryza can cause swollen eyes. Is there a bad odor around the face? Respiratory diseases are usually contagious and make carriers of the flock. Tylan 50 injectable may help treat symptoms. Getting a chicken tested may be helpful to know exactly what you are dealing with.

I didn't notice an odor. A few have running beaks and kinda wheezing type sound. He's in warm enclosure so I'm not sure if it's a cold or like you suggested.

Multiple chickens have runny noses. For some reason he's swollen and his eye has closed? Just starting my flock since raccoon hit last year. Any advice he's my fab.

If Tylan doesn't work you could try Baytril. It is banned for use in poultry, so do look into that before you buy any.

-Kathy

Back
Top Bottom