Sick Baby Chick

Chicken Mama21

In the Brooder
Mar 30, 2023
One of our baby chicks does not seem to be doing good, she is about a week old, was doing really good and eating and drinking great. We checked in the group this morning and she is breathing heavy and not eating or drinking, wondering if anyone has any ideas on what could be wrong.

Attachments

• 92DD4A24-6095-4205-9ACC-E543A46A08AC.jpeg
    92DD4A24-6095-4205-9ACC-E543A46A08AC.jpeg
    456.3 KB · Views: 31
How’s her poop? I’ve had many babies die from something similar, but I never know why. Best of luck

Hmmm. Any others affected? How hot is the brooder?
The other 9 chicks in that brooder all seem fine and acting normal. I am not sure what the exact temp is in it, but I know that my fiancé has been checking it multiple times a day to make sure it is warm enough and there is area that they can go to get away from the heat as well.

The other 9 chicks in that brooder all seem fine and acting normal. I am not sure what the exact temp is in it, but I know that my fiancé has been checking it multiple times a day to make sure it is warm enough and there is area that they can go to get away from the heat as well.
That’s crazy! I hope someone helps soon!

I would give the chick some nutri drench or if you don’t have that a little bit of sugar mixed with water, that should give her a little boost. Maybe some egg yolk or scrambled egg if she doesn’t start eating.

Back
Top Bottom