Sick Brid

Tzul Tzul Chicken

In the Brooder
Mar 6, 2024
I need a little help guy I believe I bought some bad corn. I have 6 chicken and 1 duck but 1 of my chicken have runny nose and watery eyes. How to cure? I really don't want to lose my beautiful bird.

Last edited:
It sounds more like it could be a respiratory disease or something causing irritation. That could be poor ventilation or ammonia odor from droppings. What is your general location in the world? Do you have a picture of the eyes and face? Do you see bubbles or foam in an eye? Is the nasal drainage clear or yellowish? Do you have access to any antibiotics, such as Tylosin, Tiamulin, or oxytetracycline?

@Eggcessive Thank you I live in the tropics in the Caribbeans. I normally clean my coop every 2 weeks. no bubbles in the eyes just look like its crying. nasal drainage clear and yes, I have antibiotics? I separated her from the rest of the flock.​

I can help with dosage if you tell me what antibiotic you have. It is usually best to use them orally as a direct dose instead of in the water. Is your feed old or moldy? Do you have a balanced chicken feed available there? What exactly do you feed the chickens?

I feed my Chicken oats, crack corn, whole corn, cook rice, grass and sometimes coconut trash. I believe the crack corn was bad that I bought from the market. I have only Amoxicillin.

Back
Top Bottom