sick chic ( 2 and a 1/2 years old)

Tina Marie

Hatching
5 Years
Oct 10, 2014
what causes a chicken to have excessive drooling,loss of appetite,loss of balance,loss of feathers,and close there eyes and have diarrhea,loss of voice,pale woddle and gobble,she will drink but,not eat. She's a only chicken I got her in the late fall so she's been kept in a large kennel in the basement which is a finished basement very clean. I got her to drink some pedilite. Any ideas as to what's Wrong with my friend? she's a friend not food.can she be treated or is this fatal?

Last edited:
It sounds like you have a very sick chicken. Even though she's been living in a very clean cage, she can still be sick from a whole slew of things, mostly contracted before you got her and just now making her sick. There are all sorts of chicken cancer viruses that infect even in the egg, and there's not much you can do about it, I'm so sorry to tell you.

I doubt she's going to live much longer if she has her eyes closed. That usually means the end is near.
hugs.gif
I'm sorry.

what causes a chicken to have excessive drooling,loss of appetite,loss of balance,loss of feathers,and close there eyes and have diarrhea,loss of voice,pale woddle and gobble,she will drink but,not eat. She's a only chicken I got her in the late fall so she's been kept in a large kennel in the basement which is a finished basement very clean. I got her to drink some pedilite. Any ideas as to what's Wrong with my friend? she's a friend not food.can she be treated or is this fatal?
How long have you had her and how long has she been sick? It does not sound good at all. Does she ever go outside? Get in the sunlight? Is her diet balanced? Chickens are outside animals (some may disagree....but they poo alot!!!) they are not meant to stay inside in a kennel unless under quarantine which would only be for 3-5 days at most. They need to eat sand or grit to grind food in their gizzards, run, dust bathe, spread their wings, etc. They also need to be with other birds, preferably chickens, they are flock creatures. I am so sorry to hear about the condition of your girl. Tough yet delicate creatures.

Back
Top Bottom