Sick chick died now I have a sick adult hen same symptoms

mylilchick

In the Brooder
6 Years
Oct 15, 2013
Central Florida
Hi, I had a 4 week old chick that was fine in the evening than yesterday morning it was standing alone seemed to be having a hard time breathing, was not eating and died within an hour. :-( This morning I when I went out I have a 2 year old Barred Rock hen that is exhibiting the same symptoms.The chicks pen is next to this coop. She is standing in one spot moving very little, feathers slightly ruffled and not eating. Her poop is liquidy and light brown, her comb is bright red. Any ideas what I'm dealing with? I don't think both getting sick is a coincidence. I am going to quarantine her. Thank-you

She may have a respatory infection. Which can cause these kinds of symptoms. But she may also have worms which would most likely be the case since she has liquidy and light brown poop. And since worms can cause those symtoms you might want to bring her to a vet to get her checked out soon. But in the meentime you can try giving her some fresh water (not tap water) and mix de in it which may help kill the worms if she has worms.
Since i said she may have worms it may not be the cause of theses symptoms but it may. If she has a respatory problem you should really bring her to the vet soon. Another thing i can think your chicken may have is paracites like worms. If you want to try it worm her and again you can bring her to the vet. Good luck!
thumbsup.gif
I hope this helps!

Back
Top Bottom