Sick chick

catballou

Songster
Feb 12, 2021
Michigan
My five week old calico princess pullet is sick. Not eating, very lethargic, crop is empty.
She was ok yesterday but the last one out of the coop this morning. I had an early Dr appointment so didn't watch her during the day. This evening she was alone and just sitting with her eyes open.
She's in the bathroom in a box with a space heater set at 80° now, I gave her 1cc of rooster booster so far but that's it.
Any suggestions out there?

How are her poops. At this age, coccidiosis is a common illness. They have runny poops with either blood or mucus, are puffed up or hunched, are lethargic, and do not eat or drink. Corid from a feed store can help. Dosage is 2 tsp of the liquid or 1.5 tsp of the powder per gallon of water for 5-7 days.

How are her poops. At this age, coccidiosis is a common illness. They have runny poops with either blood or mucus, are puffed up or hunched, are lethargic, and do not eat or drink. Corid from a feed store can help. Dosage is 2 tsp of the liquid or 1.5 tsp of the powder per gallon of water for 5-7 days.
She hasn't pooped since I brought her in. She came from family farm and home along with 5 other chicks that are fine.
I didn't see any weird poop in the two stalls they are in or in the run, but I wasn't looking for blood.
I'll try giving her some mash mixed with rooster booster in the next few minutes and get some corrid tomorrow if she makes it.
I feel terrible. She's so sweet.

On my way this morning to TSC. She had one poop overnight. .runny but not bloody.
She's much better today.. eating a little too.
Thanks for your help ☺️

Back
Top Bottom