Sick chick?

Yep! We always check and make sure.
I do not know then, the only thing that I could think of was if you for some reason weren't checking to see if it was safe to give a chicken and it made her sick, but that is not something to worry about if you always check before giving it to them to eat. Is there anything else that you could think of that you or they did differently?

I do not know then, the only thing that I could think of was if you for some reason weren't checking to see if it was safe to give a chicken and it made her sick, but that is not something to worry about if you always check before giving it to them to eat. Is there anything else that you could think of that you or they did differently?
Thanks for even responding and trying to figure it out.
No it's just odd. She's the only one acting that way. Fine this morning. I thought she might be dead when I saw her this evening. she feels like her heart was barely beating breathing slowly. Would take a few steps and stop and fall asleep. She would eat egg yolk and drink water if I dipped her beak. Then go back to sleep. Holding her 1 eye closed. Only looking around with 1. We brought her inside and gave her acv water grit and feed and left her alone for a bit and got the mostly green poop but she was standing up and looking around.

No it's just odd. She's the only one acting that way. Fine this morning. I thought she might be dead when I saw her this evening. she feels like her heart was barely beating breathing slowly. Would take a few steps and stop and fall asleep. She would eat egg yolk and drink water if I dipped her beak. Then go back to sleep. Holding her 1 eye closed. Only looking around with 1. We brought her inside and gave her acv water grit and feed and left her alone for a bit and got the mostly green poop but she was standing up and looking around.
hmmm, wait and see if anyone else thinks this is the right idea but you could maybe try electrolytes in her water. Is there poop stuck on her butt?

hmmm, wait and see if anyone else thinks this is the right idea but you could maybe try electrolytes in her water. Is there poop stuck on her butt?
Vent is clean and looked good

what in the world, I am so confused. Is her breathing still slow? How is she doing right now? How long has she been inside for? What does her enclosure consist of inside?
She's sleeping now and has been inside for about an hour and a half. She's in a large bin like a waterer for farm animals. Wood shavings and her food and water and grit. It's probably at least 75 in that room.

She's sleeping now and has been inside for about an hour and a half. She's in a large bin like a waterer for farm animals. Wood shavings and her food and water and grit. It's probably at least 75 in that room.
sorry, how old is she again? do you have electrolytes available?

She's 9 weeks and we have some we can give her! I mean it's been hot but they always have water and shade and access inside and out.
The electrolytes would be to give her energy but I think you should just contact a vet. Is there one that you could get ahold of now? You can try the electrolytes but I don't know if that is the right thing for her right now. Try calling a vet ASAP

Back
Top Bottom