Sick chick

localgardener

In the Brooder
6 Years
Oct 29, 2013
Erin, Ontario
We brought home a dozen chicks on the weekend all seemed ok. A day or so later I have a chick that is panting, not standing very often and does not appear to be eating it drinking. I thought for sure that when I got home yesterday it would be dead, but it's still alive! Very so often it stands up and chirps, busy mostly lays still and sometimes even on its back. Do you think it'll live or should I put it it out of its misery? All the others seem to be fine and developing well

I'm having the same problem with one of mine and can't seem to find any information! It's lying on its side right now and it's so sad :( I don't want to have to kill it because I just got her yesterday and she's only a day old :(((((

We brought home a dozen chicks on the weekend all seemed ok. A day or so later I have a chick that is panting, not standing very often and does not appear to be eating it drinking. I thought for sure that when I got home yesterday it would be dead, but it's still alive! Very so often it stands up and chirps, busy mostly lays still and sometimes even on its back. Do you think it'll live or should I put it it out of its misery? All the others seem to be fine and developing well

Sounds to be very hot as the chicks tend to not eat or drink when it is too hot ....

Do you have a picture of your brooder ...........

Back
Top Bottom