sick chicken ....can anyone help

trekie123

In the Brooder
6 Years
Sep 14, 2013
Hi all
My rescue hen has been with me for about a year and was doing well......for the past week she has taken to the coop. She is eating a little and comes out for the goodies in the morning with her buddies but takes to the coop after a short while. If I take her out and let her scratch around in the garden she eagerly scratches around and looks for food but I have noticed she is a nervous wreck and gallops around as if she is being chased. Also her comb color is fading. Can anyone help

Well first of all is your chicken named Cpt. Picard?
lau.gif
....Well if you have a rooster she may be scared of him, and staying close to the coop because she feels safe and comb color fading because of stress...

Thank you for that..........but I think its because she is brooding.... since then i have also discovered the chickens have mites and yet when i look for a remedy in the pet shops they tell its all been taken off the shelves for some reason .........so now i am looking for home made remedies.

Ok good, glad it's that and not something else , and yes the hen being broody would make sense.... Are you going to let her hatch her eggs?

Back
Top Bottom