Sick Chicken? Need HELP!!

ChrisGallus

Hatching
11 Years
Jan 22, 2009
Chicago, IL
hi all,

i am looking after 2 chickens that belong to a friend of mine. the one chicken i noticed has been sneezing (which i have read can be normal). however, she is not pecking around the coop and is not very active. she tends to bunch up and close her eyes...at first i thought she was going to lay an egg and was straining. she also extends her head and opens her mouth as if she is about to speak, but nothing comes out.

i would appreciate any help that i can get from you all. i want to make sure i return my friends chickens to her in good health.

chris

My B's sneeze a little and definitely will crane their heads and open their mouths for no reason. I think you're ok right now, keep an eye on her and make sure she can get to clean water. Good Luck!
smile.png

Hi Chris-

I can't help you out directly because I am no pro-- just getting my chicks this week. But from other posts I've read you need to put her in a crate on her own away from the other chicken. She doesn't sound healthy. A dog crate or cat crate will do with some shavings in the bottom. Keep her inside you house in a quiet place where she can rest and give her food and water. I would call your friend and let them know what is going on. Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom