Sick chicken please help

chickenman7191

Hatching
5 Years
Apr 26, 2014
Hello my chicken yesterday was let out side with the others and were scratching in the flower bed but the one just stood there and today she is breather kinda hard and keeps closing her eyes she hasn't eaten much or drank much I've soaked her in water to see if she was egg bound but nothing
Please help
Answers would be very much appreciated
Thanks

How old is this bird? Unfortunately it's almost impossible to diagnose chickens sometimes. This could be many, many things so more info is needed. Is she making any wheezing or rattling noises when she breaths? Does she feel thin like she's lost weight? Have you checked her over carefully for mites/lice? Has she ever been dewormed? Any other symptoms before today?

No noise when breathing. She's turning two next week but she was getting feathers pulled on her back about a 2 weeks ago so we put a chicken saddle on her and another chicken and they stopped picking at her but we took it off yesterday because we realized she didn't look good and today we found small sores under her wings from the straps. We didn't think that would give her these symptoms though
About the same weight no mites and she has never been dewormed

Shaking head can be a result of so many different things,for example it could indicate respiratory issues or even an ear infection. Any discharge from eyes/nostrils,check ears for any swelling/discharge. Any crop issues such as impact/sour crop?

Thank you for all of your help it is much appreciated but sadly she just died about an hour ago
1f622.png

Really sorry for your loss. At least you still have chickens :) I had to give all my chickens :( and I didn't even get to see the silkies I had just ordered lay eggs or sing :'(

Back
Top Bottom