Sick chicken- treating for coccidiosis but need advice

This is dried, maybe just a bit more yellowish than it was but it looks similar when fresh.

She is eating small amounts of her food now. Her crop is still squishy and kind of distended. She refused to take more than 2ml last time I syringe fed her. But I'm about to try again.

This is the most recent, it is a bit more yellow than before. I also just saw her take a sip from the water dish, which I haven't seen her do in 2 days- hoping she starts drinking more on her own!

I'm so glad to hear that she showed an interest to drink.

Keep giving her the dosage that @casportpony provided and the water bowl with the medication in it as well. Use the medicated water to moisten her feed. You're probably already doing this and just want to advise that you keep up this treatment for the full number of days required.

I'm concerned she may not be getting enough water. How much water is she getting again?

Also, what type of food are you attempting to give her that you're moistening?

Last edited:
I have probably gotten about 20ml or so in her today so far. Most of this is just medicated water as she takes it better than the moistened food. I'm moistening Purina medicated starter feed and giving it to her. Whatever she will take. She has been picking at the food a few more times and is starting to take off after 0.5ml of water. I keep having to grab her again- maybe she is starting to feel better? Usually she just sticks her head down or under her wing when she's done but she has been a bit more active and walking around the past couple hours. Yesterday she just laid on me or stood in the box I'm keeping them in.

You're doing good. Keep it up. Nice to hear she is a bit perkier. Sometimes it can take a while to get them back to good health. Hang in there.

Back
Top Bottom