Sick chicken with a lump

samungate

Hatching
7 Years
Dec 10, 2012
Hello!

I am new to this forum, so hello! I am worried because we have a little black bantam chicken that has a huge lump on her left side. I've noticed a lot of posts on this forum about it being normal on the right side, but hers is definitely on the left. What's more is that it is getting sore and sometimes bleeds where her leg scratches it, which makes it difficult for her to walk. She appears to be getting worse; at first she was quite perky, but limping. But now she looks much worse, all bunched up with her tail pointing to the ground. She is still eating but other than that doesn't look too good, and we hope she doesn't have an infection. Any ideas about what this could be? Would it help to put her in a box and bring her inside for some TLC?

Many thanks all!! :)

Hello!

I am new to this forum, so hello! I am worried because we have a little black bantam chicken that has a huge lump on her left side. I've noticed a lot of posts on this forum about it being normal on the right side, but hers is definitely on the left. What's more is that it is getting sore and sometimes bleeds where her leg scratches it, which makes it difficult for her to walk. She appears to be getting worse; at first she was quite perky, but limping. But now she looks much worse, all bunched up with her tail pointing to the ground. She is still eating but other than that doesn't look too good, and we hope she doesn't have an infection. Any ideas about what this could be? Would it help to put her in a box and bring her inside for some TLC?

Many thanks all!! :)
welcome-byc.gif

Yes, separate her and then get some ointment on the sore. give her a bit of plain yogurt and scramble an egg for her.

It would help to take a picture and post it too.

Thanks so much! :) We have her in a box with some yogurt. What type of ointment do you recommend?

Picture to follow!

Unfortunately she died last night, maybe she just needed to be in a warm place.

Thanks again for your help :)

Back
Top Bottom