Rachell83

Hatching
Nov 16, 2018
I have a6 year old rooster that started limping a few weeks ago, thought nothing of it at the time since he had no noted injuries. Few days ago he is having very hard time walking as if his joints are painful, his wattles are swollen and he has dark spots on his comp/mild swelling as well. His feathers are ruffled. I deworm them every six months. I realized we had one pass away in the summer after same type of issues. Is this a bacterial infection?? What antibiotic could I give my birds to treat? ?Please help

I have a6 year old rooster that started limping a few weeks ago, thought nothing of it at the time since he had no noted injuries. Few days ago he is having very hard time walking as if his joints are painful, his wattles are swollen and he has dark spots on his comp/mild swelling as well. His feathers are ruffled. I deworm them every six months. I realized we had one pass away in the summer after same type of issues. Is this a bacterial infection?? What antibiotic could I give my birds to treat? ?Please help
Can you post some photos of your rooster? Whole body photos, but include his legs/feet (bottom of his feet too), comb/wattles, the dark spots, his poop, etc.
Also a little more information too:
Your location (state/country) - knowing this we have a better picture of your weather conditions.
What you feed your chickens and how they are housed.

:caf

Back
Top Bottom