Sick chicken

Dchintella

In the Brooder
Mar 20, 2020
I’m pretty sure my favorite ameraucana has vent gleet, sour crop, AND she pooped out a round worm. Has anyone ever experienced this trifecta? If so please send advice. I gave her Valbazen, monistat in her mouth and around her vent already.

I’m pretty sure my favorite ameraucana has vent gleet, sour crop, AND she pooped out a round worm. Has anyone ever experienced this trifecta? If so please send advice. I gave her Valbazen, monistat in her mouth and around her vent already.
Welcome To BYC

It wouldn't be unheard of to have multiple issues at the same time. Which one came first or cause the other conditions to escalate it would be hard to know.

Valbazen is a good de-wormer to use for the roundworms. Hopefully once you have them taken care of, the crop issue will start to resolve as well. I would continue with the Monistat twice a day for a full seven days. Keep the vent cleaned well. Some folks rinse the vent with a diluted apple cider vinegar once they are cleaned up and apply a small amount of the vaginal cream around the outside of the vent too.

Be sure to repeat your Valbazen dose in 10 days.

Is your girl laying eggs?

Welcome To BYC

It wouldn't be unheard of to have multiple issues at the same time. Which one came first or cause the other conditions to escalate it would be hard to know.

Valbazen is a good de-wormer to use for the roundworms. Hopefully once you have them taken care of, the crop issue will start to resolve as well. I would continue with the Monistat twice a day for a full seven days. Keep the vent cleaned well. Some folks rinse the vent with a diluted apple cider vinegar once they are cleaned up and apply a small amount of the vaginal cream around the outside of the vent too.

Be sure to repeat your Valbazen dose in 10 days.

Is your girl laying eggs?
Thank you! She was laying eggs yes but not currently.

Back
Top Bottom