sick chicken

Marinos

In the Brooder
7 Years
Oct 2, 2012
Sydney Australia
One of my chickens doesn't look too well today. She is usually full of life and the coops bully. She is just standing around and moving slowly. She is eating but not as aggressive as usual. Here is a pic of her pop and a pic of her.

How old is she? If she is young, she may be suffering from coccidiosis, which is treated with Corid (amprollium) in the water. If she is older, she may have something like internal laying or egg yolk peritonitis. Worms can affect any age. Crop or gizzard blockage could also be a problem. Check her for mites and lice, and I would worm her with Valbazen or SafeGuard Liquid Goat Wormer once and repeat in 10 days. A vet could check her droppings for coccidia and worms if you take in a good sample of droppings.

Thank you so much eggcessive. I'm guessing she was internal laying. I'm not sure if she is laying again yet but we are still an egg short a day. Good news is she is back in good spirits and for the first time I'm happy to see her bullying the other girls :)

Back
Top Bottom