sick chickens, newbie.

findlow1

Hatching
Oct 5, 2015
Help I bought chickens at auction from distance looked good. After paid for 3 had bad puss eyes on one side. One had some feathers missing around neck and body and smelled. Bought antibiotics and started treating eyes and food. One with smell started throwing up BAD, ON 3RD day. Dispatched her. Later did 2 of the others with eye problems. Got lethargic. One left. Eye still clised and swolen.black warts on comb. Guess about 16 weeks all females. All came in one sm cage. I felt sorry. What to do. I have no others. 5 left

You seem to be doing all you can, but its a sorry state of affairs. I have read other threads where members have warned against buying at auction. I would be inclined to cull them all and find a reputable breeder in your area. Go to the "where are you" threads and see if there is a group of BYCers in your area as they may be able to recommend reputable sources.

CT

welcome-byc.gif

I'm sorry to hear about the chickens you ended up with from the auction. I hope you can find a reputable breeder or someone in your state thread that can sell you some healthy birds. Another option is once you have 20 posts, you can use the buy-sell-trade forum to start over with some healthy chickens.

Good luck to you.

It would be good to find out what is wrong with them. If they have a contagious disease, you would want to wait and totally disinfect and scrub out the coop, brooder and everything else before bringing in new birds.

Back
Top Bottom