Sick chickens

Got eggs

Hatching
7 Years
Aug 16, 2012
I've lost a few chickens in the past 2 or 3 months now I have another one acting sick. They act like they can't walk very well almost like they have no balance. My chickens do share an outside area with my 3 geese and 3 goats if that means anything. Any suggestions as to what might be going on?

More details are needed of what did their droppings look like, were they eating, were they paralyzed or too weak to walk, and how old were they. Did they have the Mareks vaccine?

The hens are about 10 to 11 months old, they had vaccinations when I got them at days old. The droppings look normal for the most part, this hen today that I noticed acting wobbly trouble with balance her poop was runny almost watery. I poked in it looking for worms or etc? And for the most part it was real light in color with a dark color in it, maybe brown or do red. I separated her and gave her water with antibiotics but I'm afraid she won't drink it

I just checked on this hen and she appears to to beable to walk. She flaps her wings and try's but just lays on her side. She has layed an egg is if safe to eat u think?

Back
Top Bottom