Sick chicks

Apr 17, 2020
Maryland
Hello, I’m new here and I just got 4 chicks from TSC all of various breeds. One of them is breathing with her mouth open and sneezing a lot. I noticed another one started sneezing this morning. For the past few days I have noticed this peanut butter poop. It smells really badly. I thought it was just them cleaning their gut because I had read that in an article earlier. I have had the chicks for a week. Help!

Last edited:
Hello, I’m new here and I just got 4 chicks from TSC all of various breeds. One of them is breathing with her mouth open and sneezing a lot. I noticed another one started sneezing this morning. For the past few days I have noticed this peanut butter poop. It smells really badly. I thought it was just them cleaning the8r gut because I had read that in an article earlier. I have had the chicks for a week. Help!
Also there is a little clear nasal discharge that I wiped off.

Hello and welcome to BYC! :frow Glad you joined.
The really stinky poops are likely cecal poops.
The sneezing could be any number of respiratory diseases. How old were the chicks when you got them? How long had they been in the store?
I think they were 1-3 days old max. We got them the day they arrived at the store.

The black one is my main concern.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    382.2 KB · Views: 4
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    331.3 KB · Views: 4
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    275.9 KB · Views: 4
  • image.jpg