Chicken sneezing a lot, labored breathing with opened mouth.

Chicky10

In the Brooder
Jun 4, 2022
Our five month old chick ( green queen ) has been sneezing erratically , usually after eating. It has been very cold here recently, could that be it? She just had a very loud bout of sneezing, a choking noise, and opening her mouth to breath. Her poop appears normal (for her), and her sneezing and opened-mouth-breathing gets worse after she goes outside. Help!

You can try probiotics, organic apple cider vinegar to help her immune system.
Our five month old chick ( green queen ) has been sneezing erratically , usually after eating. It has been very cold here recently, could that be it? She just had a very loud bout of sneezing, a choking noise, and opening her mouth to breath. Her poop appears normal (for her), and her sneezing and opened-mouth-breathing gets worse after she goes outside. Hel

Our five month old chick ( green queen ) has been sneezing erratically , usually after eating.
I agree with @WoDia and @azygous
Sounds like she's getting food in her airway. Wetting the feed is a good idea.

Are you providing feed free choice throughout the day?
I'm with @WoDia. Try moistening the feed before you feed it. Or better still, ferment the feed. Chickens adore the sourdough taste and it's very nutritious.

She actually lost control and balance in her feet about 3-4 weeks ago. It's improved slightly, but her breathing issue and her leg issue is just not fully recovering.
Sometimes it is after eating. And we do wet the food.
I don't know, we're just very confused.

Back
Top Bottom