Sick Cockerel

Shellz419

Chirping
Feb 12, 2018
I have a young Cockerel who is not looking well. He seemed a bit lathargic last night. This morning he is all hunched up with his head tucked in. Not interested in food.
The other two pullets in with him seem ok. Any ideas. Could he have food stuck or something?
Any idea what to try?
Should I try syringe some fluids?

I got some fluids into him and he's eaten a bit. He seems to like banana.
So he is back in with his sister's and we will see how he goes.

Please keep us posted. Look him over for lice or mites and check that his crop is empty in the morning before he has a chance to eat or drink. How is his poop? Can you have a fecal float performed? I think most vets can o this for you, even if they don’t specialize in avian medicine.

He seems better tonight. Maybe not 100% but he has eaten.
I have his throat a feel and a bit of a massage and didn't feel anything but he did take some water and cider vinegar. He also ate some baby food. A fruit and veg runny one.
His poo when I had him inside was basically white? And runny like sea gull poo. Normally the chicks poo is more like a dark peanut colour with the food I've been giving them.
So I'm not sure what he ate.
Their coop was moved a couple of days ago so there shouldn't have been any rotten food.
I've got some all worker and lice stuff I got from the vet but it's spos to be one ml per kg of body weight and my chicks are probably 500g if that so I'm not sure whether to use it.
Hopefully whatever it was he is getting over it and it doesn't effect the girls.

Back
Top Bottom