Sick does

thinkyesi

Songster
Oct 24, 2016
I have a doeling that's about 6 months old and I noticed her face and eyes a little swollen. Anybody ever see that before?
20201123_150857.jpg
20201123_150918.jpg

Also I have a doe that gave birth back in November 5th. She was doing fine up until 3 days ago. She started having diarrhea and has stopped eating. Shes gotten very thin. Finally today shes eating a little hay, but she eats only a little bit.

I have a doeling that's about 6 months old and I noticed her face and eyes a little swollen. Anybody ever see that before?View attachment 2422765View attachment 2422767

Also I have a doe that gave birth back in November 5th. She was doing fine up until 3 days ago. She started having diarrhea and has stopped eating. Shes gotten very thin. Finally today shes eating a little hay, but she eats only a little bit.
She looks bad. I would suggest a vet. Her eye rim looks very pale. Has she been dewormed? I would not give her any pelleted feed. I use kaopectate for diarrhea in goats. The babies likely need to be bottle fed. How is her udder feeling?
I would mix up some drench, one part karo syrup, one part molasses, and one part corn oil. Give her maybe 5 ccs of that. If you can find green leaves, feed her all she will eat of them . Give her the best quality hay you can find. Boer goats are very prone to worm infestation, so that needs to be a priority. They can kill her. Put her under a heat lamp and give her warm water with vitamins and electrolytes. Feel free to tag me if you wish. With the other goat, the issue may be that she has bottle jaw. Google that and see what you think. I have to go back outside and put my goats up for the night. Good luck .

Looking up bottle jaw and it looks pretty close to her having that.
Her voice sounds different when she bleats also.

@thinkyesi , you can stimulate appetite in the goat with kids by giving a Multi B vitamin injection under the skin. I give 3 ccs to my goats.
There is also injectable iron. Goats get 3 to 4 ml , then a week later if indicated. Or you can get a product called red cell. Nutridrench may help as well.
Let us know how they do.

I gave her a vitamin b complex.
Yes she has free choice mineral.
A friend of mine think she may have either gotten bit by something or she ate something.

Back
Top Bottom