Sick drake in chicken flock

GhettoRoo

Songster
5 Years
Oct 7, 2014
Hello.
So, I have 51 birds at all, 2 of them ir mucovy ducks, one pair, all others is chickens.
Today Drake used to show virus symptoms, bubble eyes.
They are 4-5 years old, and I got that pair from neighbours, they got me only troubles and nothing good.
I put them to live outside, temperature +5 degree celsium in night, +10 in daytime, but rainy, thats why I seperate them, cuz in small coop they just do **** to chickens. So they lived for 3 days, 1night in, then last night outside again, and today I saw drake with bubble eyes.
Thats no secret my flock is under quarantine. Had saw bubble eyes before, sneezing, few youngest chickens including cockerels ar with shaking head sydrom now.
My main question, is how bad can that drake affect my chickens now? Cull him?

Last edited:
It sounds like you might have mycoplasma in your flock. You are wise to have a closed flock.

If one bird has it, you can bet (eventually) all the rest will have it as well, especially if they share a space. CRDs are highly infections and spread very easily. Any bird that survives is a carrier for life.

Culling is up to you, but you can treat it with antibiotics if you are interested in keeping him around.

MrsB

Back
Top Bottom