Yes, you can get niacin at tsc. It's a liquid vitamin b. @CayugaJana has a good pic of it.
Ducks like to eat from bowls or dishes as they scoop the feed. You might want to take that into consideration. How is the water setup?
He would be lonely by himself, so leave him with the silkie or put him back with the other ducklings.
I feel dumb, I have liquid Vitamin B!! I'll go find it. Water setup is a bowl with a lid, the lid has a big hole on the edge so he can stick his head in there and flush his nostrils, but can't get in and poop it up.

You can get Niacin or brewer's yeast at a pharmacy in th vitamin/supplement aisle. Crush a BY tablet over his food. To make him easier to handle, offer lettuce pieces in his water dish. A few pieces of chopped tomato and a few frozen peas will be enjoyed too.
Sounds good, I can do that! I just bought peas for my constipated beta fish :gig

I feel dumb, I have liquid Vitamin B!! I'll go find it. Water setup is a bowl with a lid, the lid has a big hole on the edge so he can stick his head in there and flush his nostrils, but can't get in and poop it up.
It is a certain vitamin b. I know if it says vitamin b complex, it should be the right one. I haved been painting a coop and getting a duck house ready today, so my mind is mush.;)

May I suggest that you weigh each duckling on a kitchen or postal scale? This will give you a baseline weight. Then weigh them every few days. They are still growing, so they should make daily gains of about the same percentage. If the thin one isn't gaining or is losing weight this will allow you to get more aggressive in case he is declining.

It is a certain vitamin b. I know if it says vitamin b complex, it should be the right one. I haved been painting a coop and getting a duck house ready today, so my mind is mush.;)
Hmm okay, mine says Vitamin B 12, is that the wrong one? I haven't given it to him yet, I wanted to make sure
Sounds like you're busy ;)

May I suggest that you weigh each duckling on a kitchen or postal scale? This will give you a baseline weight. Then weigh them every few days. They are still growing, so they should make daily gains of about the same percentage. If the thin one isn't gaining or is losing weight this will allow you to get more aggressive in case he is declining.
Okay! I'll have to search the basement for one, I'm super we've got one down there. That's a good idea, I haven't thought of that. :D

Back
Top Bottom