Sick duck

When you pick her up wrap her in a towel and gently turn her over so you can see what her vent is doing. Or gently lift up her tail feathers and look. She looks sopped in that pic?

It was right below mid-belly. It was more to the left side. I have no clue what I’m looking for. I massaged her belly a little bit. It seems like every once in a while she is pushing because her tail comes up and she starts shaking.

It was right below mid-belly. It was more to the left side. I have no clue what I’m looking for. I massaged her belly a little bit. It seems like every once in a while she is pushing because her tail comes up and she starts shaking.
Mid belly her left side is the gizzard.
This is where and egg will be:
4d_anatomy_.JPG

That is a big help! She is in her box right now, she isn’t doing the labored breathing anymore (I think that’s good). She refuses to drink or eat though. I tried to syringe water and she would not let me, so I put her head in her water to show her it was available and she just moved her head out without drinking anything. I am so worried about my girl.

We have already called everyone. They told us we would have to go to a university for treatment and that just isn’t in the cards for us. I am really hoping she pulls through, because I hate to have to euthanize her. I also hate to watch her suffer, though.

I just got her to eat a tiny bit of brown rice. I tried to get her to eat it out of the container, but she wouldn’t so I spoon fed it to her. It is so hard to determine if she is actually improving.

Unfortunately, my rolley girl passed away this afternoon. Thank you all so much for the advice and the help! I really do appreciate all of you! I’m trying to hold on to the fact that she is no longer suffering.

Back
Top Bottom