Sick duck

I’m not sure that I will ever know. After she passed, I didn’t have the heart to check her over. All the signs pointed to being egg bound, but as little knowledge that I have about the illnesses, I can’t be 100% sure. I know my male is still healthy and he always went and did everything she did.

How is he doing? He’s going to be very lonely. Most likely it was egg bound especially with the symptoms she had. I lost one to the same thing.
He is okay. You can tell he knows something is up. Luckily, he can kind of bonded with my dog so she keeps him company when the weather allows. We are discussing about if we should bring in another duck in the spring. I just don’t know if I will be ready.

For him I hope you are ducks being flock animals really thrive when they are with their own. Your dog can help but it won’t be the same especially when breeding season gets going this spring. Maybe get him two lady friends. Honest I am not being callous just hoping you’ll find it in your heart to welcome more for you and your drake.

For him I hope you are ducks being flock animals really thrive when they are with their own. Your dog can help but it won’t be the same especially when breeding season gets going this spring. Maybe get him two lady friends. Honest I am not being callous just hoping you’ll find it in your heart to welcome more for you and your drake.
Oh I understand completely! I know he will need another duck friend so he doesn’t feel so alone. Hopefully we can find a few who will be a good match for him

Would it be better to get the new companion as a duckling and then introduce when they are old enough to be outside, or would it be better to get a duck of the same age and introduce them immediately?

Back
Top Bottom